Be Happy!

11:26 AM

I have been gloomy these past few days. Tired. Sick. Exhausted. Wanting to quit. Irritated.

I'm constantly asking myself, is it worth it? I rarely smile genuinely.

No one can comfort me if I get these feelings. I'm tough. I always refuse to be consoled. But there is only one Person who can break and mend me. So, I come to Him.

He reminded me of His words - those powerful, spirit-lifting, soul-soothing, life-changing words. I pray for a cheerful heart. I hope for the day when I can see myself beaming with smile. I know where I've lost my joy. And, I surely know where to find it. 

He wants me to be happy. He wants you to be happy.

-------

Happiness is not based on circumstances. It is the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

Happiness is a choice.

Happiness is spelled as JOY: JESUS first, others second, yourself, the last.

The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself.

-------

A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit. - Prov 15:13

I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. - Ecc 3:12

Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work—this is a gift of God. - Ecc 5:19

When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. - Ecc 7:14

Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. - James 5:13

To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. - Ecc 2:26

Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy in his dwelling place. - 1 Chron 16:27

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy. - Ps 30:11

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
- Ps 51:12

For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD; I sing for joy at the works of your hands. - Ps 92:4

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. - Ps 94:19

He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him. - Ps 126:6

A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones. - Prov 15:30

When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty. - Jer 15:16

Be joyful always; - 1 Thes 5:16

Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD and delight in his salvation. - Ps 35:9

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. - Ps 37:4

I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. - Isa 61:10

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. - 2 Cor 12:10

There, in the presence of the LORD your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the LORD your God has blessed you. - Deut 12:7

Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. - 1 Chron 16:10

I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. - Ps 9:2

But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. - Ps 13:5

Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure - Ps 16:9

Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart! - Ps 32:11

Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. - Ps 51:8

But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful. - Ps 68:3

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. - Ps 118:24

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; - Rom 5:3

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! - Phil 4:4


Daddy GOD, create in me a heart that always rejoices in You.


Originally written: April 1, 2009

You Might Also Like

0 comments