Birds

8:48 AM

When I was still pregnant, I was thinking of buying birds for a pet. Well, not really to be my pet but for my eldest. I've read somewhere that having a pet teaches young children to be responsible as they will learn to feed them, take care of them... Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do that.

Until, there's an upcoming PET DAY at my son's school. Everyone is required to bring their pets. It gave me the reason to really buy birds this time.

So, I bought a pair of love birds. I forgot to ask what kind of birds they are. But they look like a mini-version of parrot. Hubby said they're parakeet. But they don't have long tails. So, maybe they're not. But close.

Anyway, my sons (4 yrs old and 5 months old) are sooo happy having those birds at the house. Because these birds are so like them, playful, colorful and loud! Tell you what, I am also giddy. I suddenly have this vision of breeding them and acquiring a big cage that can house a lot of birds. And I'm gonna place the cage at the backyard. And then we'll have a mini-bird zoo (?) so the kids (and me) can do bird-watching anytime. It makes me sooo excited!

And then it became a full-blown joy when I opened my ipad and checked on my devotion for the day from Joyce Meyer.


The message is so special because I'm currently facing a very massive Goliath in my life. And I didn't realize that I'm worrying a lot until I've read Bible passages that hit me straight to the heart, that I knew God is opening my eyes exposing what's inside. Another post, maybe?

Birds. I'm overwhelmed that I have bought these lovebirds not just because of some school activity but it's kind of God's way of reminding me that I'm special, I'm valuable, that He cares for me, na hindi Niya ako pababayaan and my family, that He loves me deeply...

You Might Also Like

0 comments