GERD Attack!
2:58 PMI was diagnosed with GERD last 2004. Today is 2014 so it's been 10 years! I have experienced different attacks of varying intensities, the last of which had let my brother to bring me to the nearest hospital. That was when I was experiencing severe choking feeling. We went to the hospital after eating some congee (yes, I was still able to eat!) and the doctor had prescribed me two kinds of pills.
When I became pregnant with my firstborn, my GERD dramatically improved. That's very odd because usually, when one is pregnant, even if you don't have GERD prior to pregnancy, you're most likely to have one. But, the exact opposite happened and I couldn't be more grateful.
I am now pregnant with my second baby. But unlike with my first pregnancy, my GERD becomes severe. A while ago before I begin typing this, I was experiencing chest pain - not so severe because it's tolerable but bad enough I started to poke my chest. I had an orange after lunch and I know that's the food that triggered the attack. This was my second awful attack during this pregnancy. The first one was when I've eaten a small amount of tomato.
So, I better stay away from food triggers. I hate to feel the pains and discomfort.
0 comments