Banana Bread with Streusel Topping

7:22 PM

banana bread

banana bread
banana bread

You know what, I am sooo happy today. I've been itching to bake for several days now but I couldn't 'cause I do not have some ingredients and I'm so busy working on my projects. But today, I was able to bake! Thanks to the bananas which are already decaying in the kitchen! My dad brought us a cluster of green bananas and after seeing that, I became so excited! I know I have to try this banana bread recipe and I just have to wait 'til the bananas have finally ripen. And because of my busy-ness, the bananas didn't just ripen. Almost half of the cluster is almost rotten! And our household help kept on reminding me about these bananas. So, I have to act or else, these bananas would be a total waste. So after our lunch, I've given my tummy some time to digest by not going straight to my workstation but by baking banana bread instead.

BANANA BREAD RECIPE

Ingredients:

For the bread:
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 7-10, depending on size)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla paste

For the streusel topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
6 tablespoons all purpose flour
4 tablespoons cold butter, in cubes
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins (optional)


Procedure:

Streusel topping
1. First, make your streusel topping by combining the sugar and flour in a small bowl. 
2. Cut in the butter (using a pastry blender or two knives) until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. 
3. Stir in the walnuts (and raisins). 
4. Cover and set aside in the fridge while you get on with your batter.

Banana bread
1. Whisk together the flour, soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
2. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, bananas, and vanilla and beat at medium speed until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture then blend at low speed until just combined. Do not over mix.
4. Divide batter between two greased 9x5 inch loaf pans.  (I have only one loaf fan, so I've also used a cake pan.)
5. Get your streusel topping and crumble over the two loaves. Bake in a pre-heated 325F oven for 60-70 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn the pans on their sides and cool to room temperature before removing and slicing.


banana bread

Another reason why I'm so happy? Not to mention that this banana bread is one of the most delicious banana breads I've ever eaten in my entire life, this is actually my first time to use an electric mixer. Hooray!!! Haha!

And another reason? Banana contains chemicals that make one happy! Look at the monkeys! Haha!

Want some bonus? Here are some Banana Bread Tips from Kraft Recipes.

Recipe Source: 80breakfasts

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. is it ok to use an electronic oven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, pwede naman! I'm using our electric oven when baking...

    ReplyDelete