No-Bake Apple Crumble Pie using Crushed Graham Crackers

7:50 PM

I was feeling so sleepy while I was working this afternoon. I needed to fight the drowsiness as I don't want to take a nap or else, I'll end up unable to sleep at night again! (Oh, this insomnia... go away!!!) Instead, I went to the kitchen and looked for something to cook or bake (or make)... and there inside the fridge were two to three pieces of half-eaten apples! Sam!!!!!! I also had this crushed Graham crackers inside the cabinet so I decided to make a dessert.

If you're like me, when I think of Graham crackers, it is synonymous to refrigerated cake! Hehe... or it means delectable desserts without the need of baking in the oven. Like this apple crumble pie...

No Bake Apple Crumble Pie using Crushed Graham Crackers

No Bake Apple Crumble Pie using Crushed Graham Crackers
No Bake Apple Crumble Pie using Crushed Graham Crackers

No Bake Apple Crumble Pie using Crushed Graham Crackers

No Bake Apple Crumble Pie using Crushed Graham Crackers

No Bake Apple Crumble Pie using Crushed Graham Crackers

I found the recipe at the packaging of the crushed M.Y. San Grahams cracker.

Ingredients

FILLING
2 pieces apples, thinly sliced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspon cinnamon powder
2 tbsps flour
4 tbsps water

CRUMBS
1 1/2 or 15 pcs whole M.Y. San Grahams Honey, crushed
3 tbsps sugar
1 cup (225g block) unsalted butter
1/2 cup quick cooking oats (optional)

How to make:

1. Make Crust. In a pan, melt butter. Add oats, crushed crackers and sugar. Cook for 3 minutes or until combined.
2. Press half of the crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of an 8x8 square pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Make filling - Combine apples, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, flour and water in sauce pan. Cook covered for about 20 minutes or until apples are tender and sauce thickened. Cool.
4. Chill and serve. Spread the apple mixture over the refrigerated crust. Spread remaining half of the mixture over the apple filling. Press crumbs firmly. Cover and chill before serving.

I love that this recipe is not too sweet! I had mistakes though - I've just used apples equivalent to 2 small ones and I minced them! Was I really that sleepy? Hehe... I would recommend 2 large apples for this recipe... and cut the apples with active mind or else, you might end up cutting yourself! Oh, I don't have 8 x 8 square pan too! If that counts!

Now, where's the ice cream? I want a scoop on top!

You Might Also Like

0 comments