We're Back in Japan!

2:31 PM

Yes, I am now blogging from the land of the rising sun using my hubby's laptop with Japanese keyboard and... I'm still getting the hang of it! That's the reason I didn't bother him to buy me laptop(s) here, I hate the keyboard layout. And I hate the extra, unnecessary keys. (I prefer not to use external keyboard, if you're thinking of that now.) Good thing, I will not be doing any software development work here. But, in all fairness, I can really say that his laptop's casing is quite sturdy. And look at the hinge's design - something that will not break easily.

japanese keyboard

computer station
My hubby's non ergonomic computer station. He's using a chest of drawers as a computer table!

So okay, enough of my hubby's laptop. Just a few months ago, I've been wondering if we could ever go back to Japan. There is really something in this country which makes me wanna go back to. Maybe, the weather that is not so humid, unlike in the Philippines where you always feel malagkit. Maybe, the clean air and surroundings, or the bicycle lanes / walking trails, or the amusement of living in an unfamiliar place with language barrier, or the quite fascinating fashion sense, or the crazy little inventions and of course, the amazing big ones, or the taste of my favorite ramen. Maybe... Just maybe... Aaahh... the memories...

Actually, here in Japan is but the three of us - Daddy, Mommy and Sam - together again, as a family. Whole and complete. Just the three of us. I love that. That's the utmost reason for sure. My hubby has been working here in Japan for more than 8 years already. Yeah, we've been having long distance relationship for quite that long!

My last step in Japan was December 2011. But Sam and I are free to go back any time. We have dependent visas and free tickets, care of the company my husband is working for. But it's been my job that hinders us from coming back. Always. Really. Yes, I am working from home. My schedule is quite flexible. I can bring my job anywhere. But you know, I can't work full time while taking care of my son full time, while taking care of all the household chores, while being a good wife. I cannot be effective on all those areas at the same time. No one can serve two masters. Not even superwoman because she doesn't even exist. And even if she exists, there are always kryptonites everywhere that can cripple her. (And I couldn't just give up my job. You know, for practical reasons. It's a high paying job! Just a little bit lower than my husband's.)

View from our living room. The building on the left is the town's(?) library. According to hubby, Japanese people really loves to read.

But here we are now. Surely, the good heavens specializes in making things possible, in teaching me what matters most in life, in making me unlearn unnecessary knowledge, in keeping me grounded, in protecting my sanity, in giving what's the best for all of us.

I am now just a wife - a simple and plain one. Then, a mother. In a distant country where there is no one to depend on but God and ourselves. No yaya, parents and in-laws. Not that I am against having them around, but it's great to experience something like these... hmmm... independence... stronger bond... sticking together? Name it!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Meiji Assorted Chocolates please!
    Panu kaya si Papa. lahat tayo, malayo..


    Send ka BBBox. magsend din ako sa December. hehehe

    ReplyDelete