My Mini Tree Planting Project: After a Year

8:45 PM

Time flies so quickly. It has been a year since I had a mini tree planting project which I posted here. And every single day that I see my trees, there’s a pleasure I’m feeling in my heart. I love trees. I grew up having a small farm. And every time I see trees, I am remembering my happy childhood in our little farm. I’ll tell you more about it next time. Now my trees have become taller. But some trees died. One calamansi and a mangosteen tree have been squashed during the construction of our home. The other calamansi – I have it transferred to a big planter but it withered. One lansones and one rambutan died during the summer season. Good thing, there are still trees which are thriving.

Look at the single remaining calamansi! Few more days and I'll be "harvesting" some of this citrus fruit. *Excited*


I'm always confused which one is rambutan and which one is lanzones. Haha! Hhmm, let me try - this is the lanzones tree!

And this one is the rambutan...

The mango tree is really suitable for our climate. 

The mangosteen tree. I haven't tasted a mangosteen fruit yet. Have you?

.
Another mangosteen. I thought this one is already dead. Good thing I haven't uprooted it. When you take a closer look, you will see that there are still leaves budding from the lower branch. This tree fought valiantly for its life. *inspired*

Meanwhile, there are some additions in the back yard - lots of tuod (dead wood?) and orchids! I'm not just sure how many varieties of orchids there are.


What I am sure of, there are three which have already blossomed! Lovely orchids!

 And here's another one waiting to bloom! I'm so thrilled!

Aaahh, our small, humble backyard. Someday, this will be filled with lots of greens, luscious fruits and colorful flowers. Thank You Lord for Your wonderful creation!

You Might Also Like

0 comments