On teaching my toddler how to write

1:23 PM

I never really thought how difficult it is!

He doesn't follow me most of the time. And often times, he's throwing his pencil away! If not, he hammers the pencil on the paper, on his toy, on the table. Naku!!! Wag naman sana sa sofa! Puro butas na nga dahil sa mga kagat nya. Sometimes naman, pinangkukutkot niya sa pusod niya!

This is what I usually do. We're holding the pencil together and I'm guiding him to write. He enjoys it when he's doing it with mommy. But when it's already his turn... no way! Flying pencil na ang kasunod. 

I know it would take time. But I have plans in mind:

Continue to show/teach him the right grip.

Write more often in front of him. So, he will imitate Mommy. They say the kids love to imitate.

Expose him to children who write. As he sees pre-schoolers like him, he might want to try. I will also ask his my 7-year old brother whom he loves. I bet, when it's his tito who would teach him, it would be fun and more enjoyable. He'll think they are just playing!

Buy LeapFrog Sribble and Write. This toy will allow him to trace the light to learn how to write! I'm sure, he will enjoy using this. And, his 3rd birthday is approaching. This will be a great gift to him.

LeapFrog Sribble and Write
Don't just use paper and pen. I can teach him how to write using a chalk and blackboard! Or using paint, cream etc!

Be patient. Maybe, he's not interested yet. I should not "force" him. Scribbling, doodling, writing should be fun!

How about buying him with Magic Writer again? Actually, his Dad already bought him one. But, he's not fond of it. I should try again. Maybe this time, he'll love it.

At what age did your child learn how to write? How did you teach him?

You Might Also Like

0 comments