Butterscotch Mango Bars

1:11 PM

Yesterday, my neighbors were singing in videoke so loudly as if their speakers were directly pointed to my ears! And I was like, "oh-em-gee, here we go again!" Don't get me wrong, it's totally okay with me if they want to sing in videoke the whole day and night as long as it is not ear-splitting and migraine-inducing! But I tell you, the sound of their videoke could be heard in the whole barangay, so I was kinda ranting on Facebook. Hahaha! After a while, I wanted to be comforted so I craved for my ultimate comfort food - brownies. Emotional eating... booo!!! Hahaha! Good thing, I had a brownie mix inside the cabinet and I just bought a pack of dried mangoes from my last visit to the grocery. I was so lucky. And so, I baked again.

I took these pictures this morning. Lately, I am having this obsession in taking good food photos. And I've always found myself frustrated. But there's no harm in trying, so...





I tried different styles, positions and these were the "few" I came up with. Still, I'm not yet satisfied with my shots. I used my Canon point-and-shoot camera by the way. I set it in Macro mode; I also played on different metering modes. But I guess, I need to practice more! And hey, have you noticed that the mango toppings were toasted? I kinda like it that way so I left the mango bars at the oven for some more minutes. If you don't like it, you can just follow the instructions (at the bottom) carefully.



You know in life, there are some things that are not just meant to be. In love life or in relationships, in career... Like in the world of mango bars, my taste thinks that, the chocolate syrup and these mango bars are not really meant to be. It's just simply... not... It's better to leave the mango bars "alone". (Huuwhaat? Do I really need an analogy here? *Laughs*)

Okay for the main thing here,

Butterscotch Mango Bars


Ingredients:


  • 1 box White King Butterscotch Brownie Mix 500g (Actually, you can use any butterscotch mix here. Or, if you have time, you can make butterscotch from scratch)
  • 1/2 cup margarine, softened
  • 2 pcs eggs
  • 1 cup dried mangoes, chopped (reserve 2 tbsp for topping)

Procedure:


1. Preheat oven to 350F or 175C. Slightly grease one 8-inch square pan and set aside.

2. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together White King Butterscotch Brownie Mix, margarine and eggs. Add dried mangoes then blend well.

3. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Top with the remaining 2 tsbp dried mango bits. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until done. Cool and cut into bars.

Recipe was found in the packaging of White King Butterscotch Brownie Mix

You Might Also Like

0 comments